At Navitas we offer you an outstanding student services and academic learning environment, which will enhance your overall experience whilst studying with us in the UK. We like to call this the Navitas Advantage. As a student at CRIC you can expect the following services over and above the traditional higher education experience:
- Individualised student support tailored to your personal needs
- One-to-one or small group academic tutorials
- A selection of extra-curricular student activities each semester
- Access to our online Student Portal to assist your learning
- Visa assistance and advice in your home country from an authorised Navitas representative (where available)
- Weekly academic and welfare monitoring support
- Individual feedback on academic progress
- Access to the College's 24/7 emergency support line
- Access to University facilities including the Students' Union and Library
- Navinsure, for complete peace of mind (further details below)
Introducing Navinsure - your comprehensive insurance policy whilst in the CRIC
Your welfare and safety are very important to us; this is why all Navitas students have comprehensive insurance, for the entire length of your study time with the College, as part of your Navitas Advantage experience. This insurance scheme has been specially tailored by Navitas to provide valuable cover for:
- Personal belongings
- Your laptops and gadgets
- Emergency medical expenses
- Navitas Advantage fees
It is important that you read through the following summary, so that you are aware of the cover provided:
|Navitas Insurance||Maximum Cover|
|Cancellation or Curtailment Charges||£5,000|
|Baggage & Personal Belongings||£3,000|
|Single Artcile Limit||£1,000|
|Valuables Total Limit||£750|
|Emergency Medical Expenses||£2,000,000|
|Emergency Dental Treatment||£500|
|Funeral Costs Abroad||£5,000|
|Personal Money, Passport & Documents|
|Other Money & Documents Limit||£100|
|Overseas Legal Expenses & Assistance||£10,000|
- Cover against theft, loss and accidental damage to your personal belongings and gadgets and against the unexpected happening.
- If you need to cancel your course, cut it short or repeat it due to accident or sickness of you or a close relative; we will reimburse the prepaid Navitas Advantage fees.
- Cover is also provided during trips outside the UK if the trip is required as part of your course or for leisure trips within Europe for a period not exceeding 21 days in total.
- Full details can be reviewed within your policy booklet.
- The first £50 of each and every claim per incident claimed for by each insured person except for claims under personal liability, personal accident and legal expenses.
Cancellation or curtailment charges & Courses fees
- Any circumstances known prior to booking the trip that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim.
Emergency medical and other expenses
- Treatment or surgery which, in the opinion of the medical practitioner in attendance, can wait until your return home.
- Medication, which prior to departure is known to be required.
Baggage & Personal money, passport and documents
- Valuables left unattended at any time unless in a safety deposit box or in your locked accommodation.
- Baggage contained in an unattended motor vehicle between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. or; between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. unless it is in a locked boot or covered from view in a locked car.
- Personal money or your passport left unattended at any time unless in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or in your locked accommodation.
This comprehensive travel insurance policy is provided by AXA Travel Insurance Ltd and underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance IFSRA registration number NL161 with its registered address at 10-11 Mary Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. Inter Partner Assistance is a branch of the Inter Partner Assistance S.A. Avenue Louise 166 bte1, 1050 Brussels, a Belgian company authorised by the Banking, Finance and Insurance Commission of Belgium, registration 0487. All companies are members of the Global AXA group.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please contact, in the first instance the person who originally dealt with your enquiry. Alternatively you can contact us by: Telephone: 0800 085 8698Post: Customer Liaison Department, Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, Shurdington Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE. You may at any time contact the Quality Manager at AXA Travel Insurance at PO BOX 57325, London, E1W 1XX
If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. The Ombudsman can be contacted at the following address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR Contacting the Ombudsman will not affect your right to take legal action against us.
Making a Claim
To make a claim for Medical assistance please call +44(0) 845 271 4472 (24hr) or +44(0) 203 060 9671 (24hr). For Legal expenses call +44(0) 870 350 5716 (24hr). For all other claims please call +44(0) 870 241 6927.
Important Conditions Relating to Health
Failure to comply with these conditions may jeopardise your claim or cover. It is a condition of this policy that you will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly from:
A. At the time of taking out this policy:
Any medical condition you or anyone named on the policy have or have had for which:
- a) symptoms or diagnosis has occurred within the last 12 months or
- b) there has been a change in treatment (including medication, dosage, surgery, tests, investigations or diet) in the last 12 months.
Any medical condition where you, anyone named on the policy, a close relative or a close business associate:
- a) are waiting for an operation, hospital consultation (other than for regular checkups), or other hospital treatment or investigation.
- b) have, within the last 6 months, been seen by a specialist (other than for regular checkups), had an operation or other hospital treatment or investigation.
- c) have received a terminal prognosis.
- d) have not had a diagnosis.
Any circumstances you are aware of that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim on this policy.
B. At any time:
Any medical condition you or anyone named on the policy have in respect of which you are travelling against medical advice or for which you are travelling to obtain medical treatment abroad.
Any medical condition for which you or anyone named on the policy are not taking the recommended treatment or prescribed medication as directed by a medical practitioner.
Travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or other Public Transport provide.