Cambridge Ruskin International College (CRIC) is bound by the UK Data Protection Act 1998. This Act regulates the way organisations can collect, use, keep and disclose information personal information. It gives individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds on them and a right to correct any information if it is wrong.
CRIC keeps the following personal information on each student:
- Personal details (such as names, sex, addresses, birthdays, country of residence, allergies and illnesses)
- Academic qualifications
- Course selections, letter of offer and student acceptance of offer
- Academic statements
- Passport and visa details
- IELTS and TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Employment history (if applicable)
- Enrolment details
- Attendance records and any medical certificates/approved absence forms given
- Parent or guardian details
- Financial details
How is the Information Used?
CRIC uses the information for:
- Assessing applications to study at CRIC
- Meeting student visa compliance requirements
- Checking payment of course fees
Security of Information
CRIC has security systems in place to protect all the information handled from misuse and unauthorised disclosure or modification. We do not retain data for which we have no further use.
Navitas Limited ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Navitas UK Holdings Ltd of Level 2 Margam Building, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the General Manager University Programmes, Navitas UK.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (http://www.cric.navitas.com). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services and may include details such as your name, phone number, email address, home address, nationality, date of birth, educational history, race and ethnic background. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To administer and manage the services we provide to prospective and current students, including admissions, enrolment, education, billing, maintaining our information technology systems, customer service and data storage
- To market our services to prospective, current and past students
- To hire and manage employees and contractors
- To plan, monitor, evaluate and improve our services, including conducting market research and surveys and assessing customer satisfaction
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email, SMS or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Only a limited number of staff has access to the anonymous information collected via the Navitas website. The information is collated for analysis. It is then evaluated and published in reports that show Navitas usage patterns and identify popular areas of the website. This helps us to improve and develop the website and its services.
For security reasons, we use software programmes to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Navitas Limited or Navitas UK Holdings Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only publish personal information on our website if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge and consent.
When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on our website is accessible to millions of users all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that once the information is published on our website, we will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
Names and email addresses of our staff appearing on our website are provided with their knowledge and consent.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Navitas UK Holdings Ltd of Level 2 Margam Building, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.