Undergraduate pathway: Nursing Studies
Nursing, a career that begins with care
The possibilities in nursing studies are endless and exciting - we’d love to take the first step of your nursing journey with you. So why not consider starting with us at foundation level leading to one of the accredited NMC degree programmes at Anglia Ruskin University.
All careers in nursing begin with care, but they can take you in so many different directions. Whether you want work in a hospital or in the community, days or nights, with children or older adults, we will help you find the right path for you.
There are many reasons to study with us but here are a few achievements we are particularly proud of:
- Anglia Ruskin University has been named as one of the top 10 universities in the country at which to study Nursing http://www.anglia.ac.uk/news/nursing-times-names-anglia-ruskin-in-top-10
- ARU was one of only 16 HEIs in the UK to receive an 'outstanding' in the NMC Fitness to Practise category.
- In the NSS 2016 results our BSc Mental Health in Cambridge had 100% student satisfaction.
Pathways at Anglia Ruskin University
Pathway & Course Information
For more information about intake semesters and campus location please see our course matrix.
In addition to our entry requirements you will need to provide a personal statement covering the following;
• Please outline why you would like to go into nursing and specifically the stream of nursing for which you have applied
• How your experience and research has contributed to your understanding of the realities and challenges you’ll face, both during the course and in the profession
• What it is about your skills, attitudes, values and character that make the profession right for you
• Outline what you think you can offer to the nursing profession and society
Upon completion of the foundation year, and subject to meeting the progression requirements below, you will be eligible to transfer and register on to one of the accredited NMC degree programmes:
- Successful completion of the foundation programme with a minimum module mark of 40%
- Successful Interview with nursing team
- Pass literacy and numeracy test
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure
- Satisfactory Occupational Health clearance
- IELTS 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in listening, reading and speaking) (or agreed NMC equivalent)